Sunday, April 27, 2008

Chronic back pain

Most lower back pain resolves itself in less than a month's time, without any treatment. But what to do if it doesn't? In this blog I'll share some things I've learned over the years to make my pain less intrusive. I first injured myself in the Fall of 2002, after going on a short running sprint, and my lower-back hasn't been the same since. Over the years it has gotten better, largely, I think, because I've become more savvy about how to treat it. In this blog, I'll share the techniques that have helped me. Sadly, there seem to be no easy cures for this disease, but I do think it is possible to improve your quality of life, if you are willing to work at it.

1 comment:

Robin Rothenberg said...

I'm a firm believer in what yoga can do for lower back pain. I treated my own back pain through yoga and have used it with clients and students for 20 years. Based on a study I participated in that was published in the Annals of Internal Medicine, I've made it available to the public in a book/CD package. To learn more please visit www.piyogatherapy.com. I am truly excited to have this complete and available to those who suffer from back pain.