Monday, September 28, 2009

Laptop bed stand: Acrobat stand/E-Table/etc ($45)


Several companies have been putting their name on this laptop stand, which allows you to use your laptop while laying on your back in bed.

The angle of the laptop can be adjusted over a wide range, but the height of the laptop can only be adjusted over a short (2 inch?) range. At least one owner has also labeled it as being a bit fragile. The upside is it's quite cheap, and portable. Find it for about $45 on amazon (shipping included). Some specs. A demo video.

Without having tried it, I should reserve judgement, but this doesn't look like a great solution to me.

This post is part of a series summarizing the various laptop stands that can be used in bed.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

I bought a similar one of these but it doesn't seem to be as flexable as this one.
I bought it mostly because of my back problems. I am constantly bending over or reading down or reaching to type on my laptop so I wanted to try and invent this while I lay in bed and use my laptop.
My back is always sore. It has been for years. Not because of the computer I don't think but maybe could be... I have even contemplated surgery. After reading Dr.Busch's book Surgery Not Included I decided this wouln't be an option. But I am glad I found an alternate route. I wouldn't be able to do a lot with back surgery would I.

Glen - Osteopath said...

This looks like a very interesting contraption, I’d like to hear back from anyone else who has had success using this device.

Glen the osteopath Osteopathic Health Centre Buckhurst Hill